Melatonin is a hormone in the body whose function is to regulate the sleep-wake cycle in the body. It tells your body when to sleep and when not to. This hormone is naturally produced by the pineal gland in the brain. Researchers have also noted that certain amount of food products contain melatonin in varying amounts. Examples of these foods include: Tomatoes, Walnuts, Olive oil, Cow’s milk, etc.
When you find it difficult to sleep or you always notice that you are beginning to sleep more than usual, it’s either there is a malfunction in melatonin receptors or the pineal gland responsible for its secretion is defaulted or malfunctioning. Melatonin gummies is a perfect remedy to those problems, but just like every other hormonal boosters, it must be taken or consumed according to your medical health care provider’s prescription just in case there’s any underlining medical condition that needs attention before you consume melatonin gummies.
Melatonin gummies are melatonin supplements that mimic the natural melatonin produced by the brain to elicit the same function, as well as correct sleep disorder and also improve sleep quality. Just like every other chemical fluid (hormone) in the body, melatonin must be in its right amount in the body to elicit its specific function in order to avoid hormonal imbalance, which can be as a result of over secretion or under secretion of this bodily chemical fluid, and can be life threatening.
Melatonin gummies does a wonderful job in giving you the sweet sleep your body craves for when taken at the right time, with the right dose. It can indeed solve your problem of sleep or certain circadian rhythm disorder. While most people take it just before they go to bed, it is important you are made aware of melatonin side effects, as it has to work with the pineal gland in the brain in charge of controlling the production of melatonin.
Melatonin gummies is commonly used in treatment of various medical disorders such as:
- General insomnia
- Adjusts sleep cycle in the blind (Non-24 hours sleep-wake disorder)
- Jet lag
- Treats shift-work sleep disorder in people with alternating work schedules.
Other conditions which are still under investigation that melatonin gummies can be used for include:
- Boosting of immune system
- Treatment of systematic sclerosis
- Sleep aid for children with autism spectrum disorder
Not getting enough sleep affects the brain as the body couldn’t get enough time to reset itself, one cannot imagine the pain that comes with that too, but before you think of consuming melatonin gummies as a perfect solution to your problem, it is advised you talk with your health care provider as some certain medical condition will not allow the use it.
Medical conditions to watch out for before taking melatonin gummies includes:
- Bleeding or blood clotting disorder such as hemophilia
- Taking a blood thinner medication
- High or low blood pressure
- Epilepsy or other seizure disorder
- Autoimmune condition.
In conclusion, do not use the melatonin supplements or at large any other product without any medical advice.
What are the possible side effects one should lookout for when taking melatonin gummies?
- Stomach discomfort
- Morning grogginess
For children we can notice
- Possible increased risk for seizure in children suffering from neurological disorder.
When confirmed by your health care provider that you are free to consume melatonin gummies in its right doses, they are things you should avoid while taking melatonin gummies.
- Avoid any form of alcohol while taking this supplement
- Avoid taking any product that contains caffeine such as energy drinks, cola, coffee etc, as this may counteract the effect of the supplement
- Avoid driving or operating machinery, if you happen to be working in a factory where you operate machines, it’s advised you avoid this function for at least four hours after taking the medication
- Avoid using it with any other medication except instructed otherwise by your health care provider, as some important drug interactions can occur with melatonin. Examples includes: blood thinner medications, medication for diabetes, as blood sugar may increase.
Not getting enough sleep especially at its due time can be a bit challenging, as this can lead to high blood pressure, heart attack, depression, stroke and many other life threatening diseases. Resulting in taking melatonin gummies might be of help. However, it’s important you know about melatonin gummies side effects. That’s why it’s important you have the knowledge of its safety precautions involved before taking them.